Saturday, February 6, 2021

[15 Days in Quarantine] Part I - I'm Gonna Get Crazy!!

 

Quarantine Day #1


I finally made it to the apartment in the evening. Unpacked stuff and emptied the luggage because apparently one of my oatmeal packs broken so need to be cleaned. Ate my first instant noodle, had a call with my parents, prayed, having a call with my husband, ate my second instant noodle, continue cleaning up and put back some snacks to the luggage, then tried to sleep. 


I felt tired since I arrived so I thought it would be easy to fall asleep. 

But seems the jetlag is REAL! I kept waking up every hour and finally, I completely wake up at midnight.

I then decided to call my husband (again) for company. But we couldn’t talk long. So, I pray tahajjud and tried to sleep again afterward. But failed.

So, I tried to find something to do. Of course, I still have works to do but my brain is still not ready for such work. Instead, I contacted booking.com to extend my stay because currently my booking is only for 14 nights, not 14 days and I couldn’t do the extension myself. Apparently, I’ll have to wait for a confirmation from the owner. OK. Let’s see tomorrow.


It’s still the first day of 14 days with not seeing any human, not even go outside, so (I bet) it means no sun too.

But I am already bored. I begin to doubt my sanity will remain stable if I don’t make a clear what-to-do plan. So, let’s make target plan for this 14 days quarantine!


  1. Make quarantine diary. At least one sentence 
  2. Exercise for at least 5 minutes. I will ask (force) my husband to do it with me.
  3. Make progress for the paper (target: the first draft will be finished within this quarantine time)
  4. Continue reading a book at least one chapter (target: at least finish “The journey into the interior of the earth”)
  5. (Re)memorize of Quran: 1 day 1 surah (1 ayah for new surah)
  6. Play an easy game with my husband (only if he’s available)

Quarantine Day #2


I still couldn’t sleep until 11 am. I set an alarm 1 hour later because I think I have to force myself to stay up until evening to re-setup my biological clock. And yes, I managed to get up one hour later for praying, made and ate my lunch with very very very slow movement because I felt very weak and no energy. After lunch, it was about 2 pm, I still refused to sleep, instead, I want to finish one of my checklists. Reading one chapter. But, it barely finished one page, then I finally just fallen asleep. 


I woke up 2 hours later, but I still felt very weak and barely able to move my body. So, I closed my eyes again. There was a fight inside me. On the other hand, I knew if I kept sleeping in the day time, I couldn’t sleep at night and would take longer to reset the cycle. And I also need to get up anyway for the next prayer. So, I forced myself to get 30 minutes later for pray Ashr and basically main at the same position for about almost 3 hours. Not sleeping. Just pray, read Quran, dzikr, pray again, read again until my husband call and started to do an easy quick exercise. For beginners, 8 minutes stretching is enough and, surprisingly, very refreshing. 


Still, with the video call, I ate my lunch and my husband ate his brunch. Then, I was too sleepy to do something else. Not even bathing. So, went to bed right after our call. Of course, I still have time for skincare :P. 


I still tried to accomplish my daily target, so at midnight, for whatever reason, I just awaken, went to toilet then managed to finish reading one chapter and back to sleep until 4:30. 


  1. Make quarantine diary. At least one sentence (in the morning of day 3)
  2. Exercise for at least 5 minutes. I will ask (force) my husband to do it with me.
  3. Make progress for the paper (target: the first draft will be finished within this quarantine time) (still in holiday mood. excuse)
  4. Continue reading a book at least one chapter (target: at least finish “The journey into the interior of the earth”)
  5. (Re)memorize of Quran: 1 day 1 surah (1 ayah for new surah)
  6. Play an easy game with my husband (only if he’s available) (at least I finally installed Discord. One step improvement for non-gamer 😆)

Quarantine Day #3


I realized from yesterday’s log, seems I couldn’t do much and had wasted most of my time on scrolling social media. So today, I decided to delete Instagram and Facebook apps on my phone and started the day with prayer before sunrise, join a group call to improve our Quran reading and video call with husband (to say “oyasumi” for him and “have a good day” for me).  


After collecting all of my motivation, I started to work but it didn’t work long. I got a headache. So, I took a break by taking shower and back to work. Again, not taking a long time because the headache attacked again. So, I decided to take a nap. 3 hours nap -_-

I managed to get up at 3 pm and forgot I did after prayer Ashr until a short call from my husband for the exercise. Apparently, I got my period and had a cramp and worsened headache. After dinner, I had a very long call from an old friend that after a very long time we didn’t really talk. We used to have such a very long call when we were young. Yeah… we are now old. Then sleep. That’s all. Boring isn’t it?


  1. Make quarantine diary. At least one sentence (done in the of day 4)
  2. Exercise for at least 5 minutes. I will ask (force) my husband to do it with me.
  3. Make progress for the paper (target: the first draft will be finished within this quarantine time) 🆗ish
  4. Continue reading a book at least one chapter (target: at least finish “The journey into the interior of the earth”)
  5. (Re)memorize of Quran: 1 day 1 surah (1 ayah for new surah) 🆗ish
  6. Play an easy game with my husband (only if he’s available)

Quarantine Day #4


Woke up at 4 am and immediately call my husband. I miss him ☺️. Apparently, my headache from yesterday hadn’t gone. So, we had to finish the call and I was back to sleep until 10 am. I took shower immediately after getting up, still notice the headache is there. Then I realized, probably it’s because of the AC. I turned on the AC for 3 days non-stop and listen to its machine working all the time might be the culprit of my headache. So I turned it off.


It was already noon when I finished my brunch and started the work, had a meeting at 15:30, and teaching from 17:00 - 18:30. Too lazy for dinner today, so I continue my day by reading 1 chapter and get ready to bed.


I’m glad after some hours of no reply, finally, I got it from my husband 🥰.

So, I’ll try to re memories some ayah and sleep. With AC off this time. So I hug my microwaved beans to keep warm. 


It was about 9pm when went to bed. But I was awakened at midnight and couldn’t sleep back. It read one chapter but it didn’t help. I still awake. What should I do? Shall I install my social media applications again?

Also, I didn’t hear more about my husband. Shall I call him or wait for his call? He must be very busy today. I’m afraid to disturb him.


Or shall I start the work?

I love sleeping. It’s rare to me to have insomnia. Usually, it happens when I’m feeling anxious. Probably, I’m feeling anxious about my study. Am I capable to finish it? Is it the right place for me now? 😕


  1. Make quarantine diary. At least one sentence
  2. Exercise for at least 5 minutes. I will ask (force) my husband to do it with me. (I did it alone today)
  3. Make progress for the paper (target: the first draft will be finished within this quarantine time)
  4. Continue reading a book at least one chapter (target: at least finish “The journey into the interior of the earth”)
  5. (Re)memorize of Quran: 1 day 1 surah (1 ayah for new surah) 🆗ish
  6. Play an easy game with my husband (only if he’s available)

Quarantine day #5


My groceries here!!! Finally, I ate vegetables 😍😍😍

  1. Make quarantine diary. At least one sentence
  2. Exercise for at least 5 minutes. I will ask (force) my husband to do it with me.
  3. Make progress for the paper (target: the first draft will be finished within this quarantine time)
  4. Continue reading a book at least one chapter (target: at least finish “The journey into the interior of the earth”)
  5. (Re)memorize of Quran: 1 day 1 surah (1 ayah for new surah) 🆗ish
  6. Play an easy game with my husband (only if he’s available)
  7. German vocabulary

Quarantine Day #6


I miss my husband T__T  Woke up from my afternoon 3 hours nap with memories of our time when I was physically with him. 

Oh,  I will forgot to talk about the call from Corona Center. So, on Tuesday (quarantine day #4) I got a call on my cellular number from an unknown number. Apparently the call was fully done by a recorded machine full in Japanese. I didn’t understand at all but I tried to catch a single word I might understand. Then I only understood that I somehow have to respond ‘hai’ for yes or ‘iie’ for no. I stupidly just said ‘hai’ ‘hai’ as my default when somebody talks to me in Japanese. I know I know that’s a very stupid behavior and I didn’t realize that until I told my husband. Then he scolded me. I wasn’t think bad at that time because I thought it was the call from the online groceries shop that will deliver my stuff the next day (quarantine day #5). 

The next day, after I got my groceries, I got the same call. This time I realized something. For the first question, I still didn’t understand, but I realized there is another option other than ‘hai’ and ‘iie’ that is ‘wakaranai’ I don’t know. So, I answered I don’t know this time and ‘iie’ for the next question because I can catch some word for cough and other symptoms for corona which immediately realized that this is the daily call from corona office center for tracking condition exactly the same questions as in the daily questionnaire.  

I fill everyday. Some hours later I got call from another unknown number from a real woman. First, she was talking with very long polite Japanese. Then I told her that my Japanese is very bad and asking her to use simple word. Judging from her voice, she immediately realizes something and her way of talking was suddenly change to be very friendly. “Netsu?” fever? asked her. I told her that I don’t have a fever at all and I am healthy. She kept saying like “aaaaah ok ok……” like she realizes something and ended the call. So I assumed she was checking me because of my un-synchronized response between the questionnaire and the machine call. But when I told my husband, he scolded me again because I didn’t try to explain clearly about my mistake the previous day. 

Today I got the machine call again. This time I make sure that the questions are exactly the same as the questionnaire so I answered all ‘iie’.  


  1. Make quarantine diary. At least one sentence
  2. Exercise for at least 5 minutes. I will ask (force) my husband to do it with me.
  3. Make progress for the paper (target: the first draft will be finished within this quarantine time)
  4. Continue reading a book at least one chapter (target: at least finish “The journey into the interior of the earth”)
  5. (Re)memorize of Quran: 1 day 1 surah (1 ayah for new surah) 🆗ish
  6. Play an easy game with my husband (only if he’s available)
  7. German vocabulary

No comments:

Post a Comment